Recovery Support Specialist I: CT Hope
Location: CT Hope, Danielson, CT
The RSS in this position will be responsible for:
- Conducting Psychosocial Screens, LOCUS, Co-occurring Screens and Functional Assessments.
- Collaborating with individuals to create individualized, person-centered treatment plans and
documents clients progress during treatment.
- Using Motivational Interventions to assist clients in meeting their goals and moving along their
paths to recovery, and utilizing stage wise interventions.
- Providing psycho-educational rehabilitation services, both group and individual, for recovery from
psychiatric and substance abuse disorders.
- Supporting individuals with linking and engaging with natural (family, friends) or community supports.
- Developing crisis plans (WRAP) for clients and working with other staff to respond to crisis situations as needed.
- Providing skills teaching such as: assisting clients in obtaining/ maintaining housing and utilities,
learning how to use transportation services, planning and preparing nutritional meals, engage and
communicate with family and friends, be safe in the community, care for children and other family
members, and solve everyday problems that arise.
- Providing skill building interventions and support for self-management, self-advocacy, health and
well-being, relapse prevention, and using community resources.
- Participating in family education and support activities.
- Assisting clients to identify and combat negative self-talk.
- Utilizing personal lived experience in recovery to model hope for clients.
- Additional duties as required.