Recovery Support Specialist I: Court Supported Services
Location: Manchester, CT
The RSS in this position will be responsible for the following:
- Conducting Risk Assessments, Co-occurring Screens and Functional Assessments.
- Providing follow up engagement supports including but not limited to: brief recovery coaching, relapse prevention and safety planning support and inclusion of family involvement where appropriate.
- Collaborating with individuals to identify treatment options and assist in positive engagement with new or existing treatment providers
- Collaborating with individuals to create individualized, person centered treatment plans and documents clients progress during treatment.
- Using Motivational Interventions to assist clients in meeting their goals and moving along their paths to recovery, utilizing stage wise interventions.
- Providing psycho-educational rehabilitation services group and individual for recovery from psychiatric and substance abuse disorders.
- Supporting individuals with linking and engaging with natural (family, friends) or community supports.
- Developing crisis plans for clients and working with other staff to respond to crisis situations as needed.
- Providing skills teaching, such as assisting clients in obtaining/ maintaining housing and utilities; learning how to use transportation services, planning and preparing nutritional meals, engage and communicate with family and friends, be safe in the community, care for children and other family members, and solve everyday problems that arise.