Recovery Support Specialist Trainee (40 Hour)
Applications Due On: 07/17/2023
Location: 95 Thomaston Avenue, Waterbury, CT
Company: The State of Connecticut, Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services (DMHAS)
The State of Connecticut, Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services (DMHAS) is seeking an experienced and qualified Recovery Support Specialist Trainee to join their team.
This position provides the opportunity to:
- Provide prompt behavioral health support and intervention, to link clients with acute behavioral health care to community services, and to provide support via the Regional Hotline;
- Utilize client-centered approaches to assist clients in identifying recovery priorities, coaches and provides skill building; and
- Provide outreach, engagement, and interventions as identified through the recovery planning process.
Some of the duties of this position are:
- Guides clients through the process of defining personal goals for clients’ recovery plans using existing evidence based workbooks or person centered planning tools;
- Supports and guides clients in following tasks outlined in recovery plan (i.e. pursuing goals related to employment, education, community involvement and the use of natural supports);
- Guides clients in identifying and exercising their rights;
- Attends medical/clinical appointments with clients in a peer capacity;
- Accompanies clients as peers on volunteer opportunities and activities;
- Organizes and conducts workshops on topics related to recovery and wellness including New Employee Orientation at the local level;